Wednesday, March 30, 2011

A Few Things to Consider Before Starting Your Marijuana Collective


  1. A space to grow your marijuana
The main source of income for your collective or dispensary is through your distribution of excess marijuana provided by your members.  So, you want to make sure before you start that either 1) you have your own place to grow, or 2) one or several of your members will have space to grow for the rest of the members of the collective.

A few of the things you will want to consider in finding places to grow plants for your collective are:
a.       Preferably you will want to grow in a space/s that is directly owned by you or your members.  At the very least you will want the approval of your landlord.  The last thing you want is unexpected visits.
b.      The security of the space.  How’s the neighborhood?  Is there a fence?  Is there a big yard?
c.       Preferably it should be more then 1,000 feet away from a school or church.  Some localities will be less lenient to growers operating in these areas.
d.      Is the house equipped to handle the size of the grow your planning?  Is there adequate electricity?  Is there adequate access to water near the grow room?  Is there adequate ventilation?
e.       You may want to keep your amount of plants, including, immature clones, flowering, vegetating and mothers to a 99 plant maximum, to prevent your grow being taken to federal court and possible 5 year minimum sentences for grows over 99 plants.  So, keep this in mind when deciding whether or not it is worth it to start a big grow.  Staying under 99 plants may affect the size of the plants you plan to grow in order to reach your target harvest weight.  It may also effect the amount of money you plan to take in.

I  won’t go into all the details of how to set up a grow here, as there are hundred of books (much longer then this one) that talk specifically on just that subject.  If you are a beginner or a novice and looking for some good resources here are a few I recommend:

Jorge Cervantes’ Marijuana Horticulture: The Indoor/ Outdoor Medical Grower’s Bible
AND
SeeMoreBuds Vol. 1(Good for grow room ideas)


  1. There will always be risk
Marijuana is still illegal according to federal law, so there will always be the risk of getting raided by the feds, having your product confiscated, and/or having to go to trial.  In later posts I will show you how to minimize the risk of going to jail and/or losing the assets of your business.  Keep in mind that is also technically legal to “sell” marijuana almost anywhere, so you will need a good back up plan, which we will go over later.


  1. Laws will change
Laws change frequently, especially in this fairly young industry.  You will have to keep up with the news nationally and locally in order to make sure you are in compliance and to minimize the risk of raids or going to trial.  Once you are well established it is vital that you get a good accountant and lawyer for you and your collective.


  1. It isn’t completely free to start a medical marijuana business
This blog was written in order to help you minimize your startup costs, taxes, and other fees.  But, there will still be fees and taxes to pay in order to run a collective, just like in any other business. 


  1. Distribution
Will you be able to sell everything that you grow?  You don’t want to end up sitting on several pounds of marijuana after each grow.  Not only is this a security risk, it will probably cause you to go over the legal limit of dry marijuana per patient.  If your running a small collective with a few friends and your producing far more then your smoking it would be pretty hard to convince a judge that it was all for personal medicinal use.  If you don’t have enough patients to distribute your marijuana I will explain in a future post how to find someone to legally distribute to.

Tomorrow I will provide an explanation of what exactly a Marijuana Collective is.

2 comments:

  1. I was diagnosed with stage 3 breast cancer in August of 2010. A precious friend told me about Dr Itua Herbal Center in West Africa,She gave me his contact number and email address,I contacted him quickly so he give me guaranty that his herbal medicine will cure my cancer and i will be heal forever I said Okay.I ask him about the process for the cure,he ask me to pay for the fees which i did and within 7 working days he sent me the herbal medicine then he instructed me on how to drink it for two weeks to cure.I told Gomez my friend about the herbal medicine so he gave me go ahead to drink it.So after drinking it for two weeks i was cured I'm so grateful and i promise i will recommend anyone with cancer to him and that what i'm doing.Dr Itua Herbal Medicine makes me believes there is a hope for people suffering from,Parkinson's disease,Schizophrenia,Cancer,Scoliosis,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity
    Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressiva.Fatal Familial Insomnia Factor V Leiden Mutation ,Epilepsy Dupuytren's disease,Desmoplastic small-round-cell tumor Diabetes ,Coeliac disease,Creutzfeldt–Jakob disease,Cerebral Amyloid Angiopathy, Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis,Alzheimer's disease,Adrenocortical carcinoma.Asthma,Allergic diseases.Hiv_ Aids,Herpes,Inflammatory bowel disease ,Copd,Diabetes.
    Here Is His Contact Info......[Email...drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com/Whatsapp...+2348149277967]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have being on blog Sites for a while now and today I felt like I should share my story because I was a victim too. I had HIV for 6 years and i never thought I would ever get a cure I had and this made it impossible for me to get married to the man I was supposed to get married to even after 2 years of relationship he broke up with me when he finds out I was HIV positive. So I got to know about Dr. Itua on Blog Site who treated someone and the person shared a story of how she got a cured and let her contact details, I contacted Dr. Itua and he actually confirmed it and I decided to give a try too and use his herbal medicine that was how my burden ended completely. My son will be 2 soon and I am grateful to God and thankful to his medicine too.Dr Itua Can As Well Cure The Following Disease… Cancer, HIV, Herpes, Hepatitis B, Liver Inflammatory,Diabetes,Fibroid, Get Your Ex Back, If you have (A just reach him on drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com Or Whatsapp Number.+2348149277967)He can also advise you on how to handle some marital's issues. He's a good man.

    ReplyDelete